C H A P T E R - 3
1. Bodily Crime includes Murder, Attempt to Murder, Culpable Homicide not amounting to Murder, Kidnapping & Abduction, Hurt, Riotings and Rape cases.
2. The district-wise comparative statistics relating to bodily crimes during 2000 and 2001 along with the percentage variation in the current year over previous year is given from tables 3.1 to 3.5.
3. 31911 cases were registered during the year 2001 as against 29245 cases in 2000 showing an overall increase of 9.1%.
4. The comparative statement of Bodily crime (IPC) for the years from 1999 to 2001, district wise with ranks is given in Table –3.5
5. Ranga Reddy district recorded the highest number of murder cases (195) followed by Guntur (177) Karim Nagar (152) and Anantapur (147). Ranga Reddy, Nalgonda, Warangal, Guntur, Nellore and Prakasham and Visakhapatnam city recorded an increase in Murder Cases in 2001 over 2000. There was a decrease in the incidence of these cases in Khammam, Karimnagar, Adilabad, Kurnool, Cuddapah, Anantapur, Chittoor, Mahabubnagar, Nizamabad, West Godavari, East Godavari, Krishna, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam.
ATTEMPT TO MURDER :
6. The State witnessed a decrease (–8.1%) in incidence of Attempt to Murder in 2001 over 2000. The districts of Hyderabad City , Mahaboobnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Medak, Khammam, Adilabad, Chittoor, Nellore, Prakaham, Krishna, East Godavari and Srikakulam recorded an increase under this head. There is a notable decrease in Ranga Reddy, Warangal, Karimnagar, Kurnool, Cuddapah, Guntur, West Godavari, Visakapatnam City, Visakhapatnam Rural and Vizianagaram districts in the year 2001 over 2000.
CULPABLE HOMICIDE NOT AMOUNTING TO MURDER :
7. 132 cases reported during the year 2001 & 2000. Mahaboobnagar District registered 25 cases followed by Ranga Reddy & Adilabad (16) each. During this year no cases were reported in the districts Krishna, Visakapatnam Rural.
KIDNAPPING AND ABDUCTION :
8. The total number of Kidnapping and Abduction cases in the state increased by 10.7% over the previous year. Nellore district (68) ranked first followed by Warangal (62), Hyderabad (60) and Ranga Reddy (53). There was an increase in the districts of Hyderabad City, Ranga Reddy, Khammam, Karimnagar, Adilabad, Cuddapah, Anantapur, Chittoor, Nellore, Prakasham, Vijayawada City, Visakhapatnam City and Visakapatnam Rural.
9. 23818 hurt cases were registered during the year 2001 as against 21534 cases in 2000 showing an increase by 10.6%. Highest No. of cases were reported from Guntur (1741) followed by Warangal (1697), Karimnagar (1355), Krishna (1304) and Ranga Reddy (1200).
10. Riotings increased by 26.7% in 2001 when compared to previous year. A decreasing trend is seen in Hyderabad City, Ranga Reddy, Nizamabad, Medak, Warangal, Adilabad and West Godavari. However there has been an increase in Rioting cases in Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Khammam, Karimnagar, Kurnool, Cuddapah, Chittoor, Nellore, Guntur, Prakasham, East Godavari, Krishna, Visakapatnam City, Visakapatnam Rural, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam.
11. There was an overall decrease of -9.1% in Rape cases in 2001 when compared to 2000. Ranga Reddy District topped under this head with 69 cases during 2001 followed by West Godavari (58), Karimnagar (55), Mahaboobnagar and Guntur (50) each.