Crime in A.P 2001
C H A P T E R - 4
1. 23777 cases were registered during the year 2001 as against 23392 cases in 2000 showing an increase of 1.6% (Table 4.4)
2. Property worth Rs. 44.13 Crores was stolen and property worth Rs.18.82 Crores was recovered during the year 2001. The percentage of recovery was 42.7 %.(Table 4.6)
3. During 2001, property stolen was maximum ( Rs.1347.19 lakhs) in Hyderabad City followed by Ranga Reddy district (Rs.486.47 lakhs). The three cities of Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam accounted for 39.33 % of the total property stolen and the recovery in these cities was 25.11% of the state recovery. The highest percentage of recovery was in Khammam (84.64%) and the lowest in Vijayawada City (17.98%).
4. In the Districts of Mahaboobnagar, Nalgonda, Medak, Warangal, Khammam, Karimnagar, Adilabad, Kurnool, Cuddapah, Anantapur , Chittoor, Nellore, Prakasham, West Godavari, East Godavari, Krishna, Vizag (city), Vizianagaram, Srikakulam and all the three R.P. Districts the recovery percentage was above the State average (42.65%).
5. The comparative figures of property crime (IPC) for the years 1999 to 2001, district wise with rank is given in Table-4.5